Lorna Sixsmith is a farmer and writer but includes secondary school teaching, interior design consultancy and social media training amongst her previous careers.
She ran a crowdfunding campaign to part-fund the self-publishing of her first book in 2013, raising over €6,000 in the process.
She has been interviewed on numerous radio and TV programmes including Ireland AM, TG4’s Roisin, Ryan Tubridy and Sean O’Rourke. Her second book How To Be A Perfect Farm Wife won Best Nonfiction in the Carousel Aware Book Awards and her third book An Ideal Farm Husband was launched by the Irish Independent at the National Ploughing Championships.
Guest host topic and questions –
The Pros and Cons of Self-Publishing.
1. How easy/ hard is it to self-publish?
2. What are the costs involved in self-publishing?
3. How do you get your self-published books into bookshops?
4. How do you get press coverage and reviews as a self-published author?
5. How can you increase sales of your books?
The next chat is on the 16th Feb with our very own @drlfarrell.